A BRIEF BIODATA OF PROF. MOSAAD ATTIA ABDEL-WAHHAB
• 1985-1989: Assistant Researcher, Department of Food Technology, Food Technology and Nutrition Division, NRC.
• 1989-1990: Researcher Assistant Present Department of Food Technology, Food Technology and Nutrition Division, NRC.
• 1990-1994: Visiting Scientist, VAPH, Collage of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, Collage Station, Texas, USA.
• 1994- 1996: Researcher Assistant, Department of Food Technology, Food Technology and Nutrition Division, NRC.
• 1996-2001: Researcher, Department of Food Technology, Food Technology and Nutrition Division, NRC.
• 2001-2006: Assistant Professor, Food Toxicology & Contaminants Department, Food Technology and Nutrition Division, NRC.
• 2006 till present: Professor of Toxicology, Food Toxicology & Contaminants Department, Food Technology and Nutrition Division, NRC.
AWARDS, HONORS, AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
1. Junior Fellowship award from the European Association of Toxicology, 1998.
2. Junior Fellowship award from the Asian Association of Mycology, 2001.
3. Invited speaker to the 8th International Symposium on Ginseng, 2002.
4. Senior Fellowship award from the International Union of Toxicology, 2004.
5. Senior Fellowship award from the International Neurotoxicology Association 2005.
6. BO HOLMSTED Fellowship award 2006, Federation of European Toxicologists and European Societies of Toxicology.
7. Invited speaker to the 9th International Symposium on Ginseng, 2006.
8. Selected as International Health Professional of the year, 2007, International Biographical Center, Cambridge, England.
9. Listed in Who’s Who International in Medicine and Healthcare, 6th Edition 2006/2007, Marquis Who’s Who, New Providence, NJ, USA.
10. Awarded the National Research Center prize for Scientific encourage in medical Science for the year 2006.
A BRIEF CITATION
Dr. Mosaad Attia Abdel-Wahhab is a professor in the Department of Food Toxicology & Contaminants, Division of Food Technology and Nutrition, National Research center. He received his PhD from Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt. He was a visiting Scientist at the Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Public Health, Collage of Veterinary medicine, Texas A&M University during 1994 and 1995. His major interest in the protection and/or prevention of diseases resulted from the consumption of contaminated food as well as different environmental contaminants. He published more than 70 research papers in these areas in the International Journal. He supervised more than 20 MSc and PhD thesis and conducted 11 research projects funded by National and International agencies. He participated (till now) in 18 international conferences as invited or keynote speaker. He conducted semiannual training courses in the area of mycotoxins determination. He a reviewer for more than 10 international Journals. He introduced 4 patents and he was honored and awarded from many international and national agencies. There are more than 5 drugs were developed based on his researches and he was selected as International Health Professional for the year 2007. He is a basic membership in several professional organizations.